PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Introduction

Introduction Introduce and tell us a little about yourself



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 4th November 2011, 05:23 PM
Cheng Cheng is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mon Oct 2011
Location: Ipoh, Perak.
Posts: 35
Default Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardyeeks View Post
Cheng, do you have a growlist? Make one ASAP so I can see what I can sell to you
Hehehe. I see no sundews on your growlist! This is outrageous!

Anyway, here you go. Very short list >_<

http://forum.petpitcher.com/usernote...ewuser&u=43904
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:05 PM
edwardyeeks's Avatar
edwardyeeks edwardyeeks is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Wed Sep 2008
Location: Rawang, Selangor
Posts: 1,350
Default Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheng View Post
Hehehe. I see no sundews on your growlist! This is outrageous!
I'm getting one D. nidiformis from Allen the reason I stopped growing sundews was because they needed a lot of water so I used the water tray method. The ONE problem with that is that its troublesome and encourages lots of mosquitoes to breed.

Weird....I don't have the privileges to view your growlist....
__________________
Once bitten, twice shy. Learn to respect and love your CPs before your desire blinds your mind.

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:21 PM
Cheng Cheng is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mon Oct 2011
Location: Ipoh, Perak.
Posts: 35
Default Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardyeeks View Post
I'm getting one D. nidiformis from Allen the reason I stopped growing sundews was because they needed a lot of water so I used the water tray method. The ONE problem with that is that its troublesome and encourages lots of mosquitoes to breed.

Weird....I don't have the privileges to view your growlist....
Ahhh. The D. Nidiformis eh... I see. I usually just throw the water away if its been there for too long and let the sun do its job. Sent a message.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:31 PM
allenphoon's Avatar
allenphoon allenphoon is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sun Feb 2010
Location: Ipoh, Perak , Malaysia
Posts: 841
Default Re: Hello!

it not neccesary to have a water tray if you want to, you can make a mini bog for drosera if you want to =)
__________________
I want grow more CP !!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:35 PM
Cheng Cheng is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mon Oct 2011
Location: Ipoh, Perak.
Posts: 35
Default Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenphoon View Post
it not neccesary to have a water tray if you want to, you can make a mini bog for drosera if you want to =)
I've been meaning to ask you... When you say bog, do you mean a big container with OR without drainage holes?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:38 PM
edwardyeeks's Avatar
edwardyeeks edwardyeeks is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Wed Sep 2008
Location: Rawang, Selangor
Posts: 1,350
Default Re: Hello!

You can always get a container without holes and drill some holes at the side of the container. That way, some water will pool up at the bottom of the container yet excess water will drain off from the holes at the side of the container.

Allen, thanks for suggesting....I have done something like that to my sarra only that it's just a single pot. I might do something like that in the long run
__________________
Once bitten, twice shy. Learn to respect and love your CPs before your desire blinds your mind.

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 4th November 2011, 06:44 PM
allenphoon's Avatar
allenphoon allenphoon is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sun Feb 2010
Location: Ipoh, Perak , Malaysia
Posts: 841
Default Re: Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheng View Post
I've been meaning to ask you... When you say bog, do you mean a big container with OR without drainage holes?
u think need to have drainage hole or not? if water level to high, it will only drown the plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardyeeks View Post
You can always get a container without holes and drill some holes at the side of the container. That way, some water will pool up at the bottom of the container yet excess water will drain off from the holes at the side of the container.

Allen, thanks for suggesting....I have done something like that to my sarra only that it's just a single pot. I might do something like that in the long run
oh..then good luck for that, sarracenia did like growing condition similar to bog where there is lots of water and sunshine!
__________________
I want grow more CP !!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site by David Tan, Founder and Administrator of petpitcher.com and forum.petpitcher.com