PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > Events

Events Organise CP related events, outings and exhibitions



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15th August 2009, 04:19 PM
aphos aphos is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mon Oct 2008
Location: Thailand, Japan
Posts: 55
Default 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Hi All,

I would like to declare our movement in Thailand. We are officially to announce the establishment of ‘Carnivorous Plants Society of Thailand’. We are hoping that this small community will allow good opportunity to support world society of carnivorous plants. Moreover, by everyday growing of new hybrids and breeders from Thailand, we are expecting that this community will help us to gain position in world market and credibility for our hybrids.

Any suggestions, comments or contact please feel free to send to me. Then, by this post, I would like to share our movement for Nepenthes competition. This event was arranged in order to commemorate our Queen’s birthday on August 12th, 2009. This event was happen from August 11th – 16th, 2009 at Queen Sirikit Part, Jatujak. Pictures from this event could be found below.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
Pattarawut


General Atmosphere at Competition











N. ventricosa-red x (lowii x ventricosa)


New hybrids N viking x veitchii


N.sanguinea


N. viking x ampullaria


N. spathulata x rafflesiana














N. eymae





__________________
..............................
http://www.rayongnepenthes.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15th August 2009, 05:06 PM
TranMinh's Avatar
TranMinh TranMinh is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mon Jun 2009
Location: Nowhere District
Posts: 261
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Cool ! Thank for share Vietnam still not have any carnivorous Plant Society
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15th August 2009, 11:25 PM
rsivertsen's Avatar
rsivertsen rsivertsen is offline
Advisor
 
Join Date: Sat Apr 2008
Location: NW NJ (USA)
Posts: 163
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranMinh View Post
Cool ! Thank for share Vietnam still not have any carnivorous Plant Society
Well TranMinh, you just might have to start one! Good luck! - Rich
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16th August 2009, 01:38 AM
TranMinh's Avatar
TranMinh TranMinh is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mon Jun 2009
Location: Nowhere District
Posts: 261
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Well it will cost a lot of money and I too young to do it !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16th August 2009, 01:50 AM
rsivertsen's Avatar
rsivertsen rsivertsen is offline
Advisor
 
Join Date: Sat Apr 2008
Location: NW NJ (USA)
Posts: 163
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranMinh View Post
Well it will cost a lot of money and I too young to do it !
Nahh, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to start a small CP Society, all you have to do is perhaps advertise something in a local paper, and find a reasonable place to meet, either at someone's house, or a public library, municipal building, college/university with a professor to assist with the details etc. Perhaps if you have some interesting plants one of the local newspapers/TV news channels could do a feature story on you and your collection to generate some interest in a CP Society in your home town in Viet Nam! Go for it! You're a smart guy, and not too young either! You might be surprised at what kind of turn-out you get! -- Rich
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16th August 2009, 08:50 PM
marvin1997's Avatar
marvin1997 marvin1997 is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Sat Sep 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 1,914
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Talk with a professor?
__________________
P.S. Sorry if I say something that offends people like telling people what to do ,saying idiotic things, claiming something etc....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16th August 2009, 11:08 PM
rsivertsen's Avatar
rsivertsen rsivertsen is offline
Advisor
 
Join Date: Sat Apr 2008
Location: NW NJ (USA)
Posts: 163
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin1997 View Post
Talk with a professor?
Like I said, if you're going to hold meetings in a college/university, it's a good idea to get one of their instructors (professors) involved, and to help with the bureaucracy and administration. - Rich
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17th August 2009, 12:45 AM
NepNut's Avatar
NepNut NepNut is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mon Sep 2008
Location: Kedah, Malaysia
Posts: 1,787
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Thanks khun Pop for sharing this information, I hope Thai hybrids will get it's deserved recognition since there are many interesting, beautiful and vigorous "Made in Thailand" neps...

I was thinking of putting a link to nepenthessiam forum regarding this topic but you beat me to it...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17th August 2009, 05:36 PM
aphos aphos is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mon Oct 2008
Location: Thailand, Japan
Posts: 55
Default Re: 'Carnivorous Plant Society of Thailand'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranMinh View Post
Cool ! Thank for share Vietnam still not have any carnivorous Plant Society
Hi,
Thanks for reading also. We are hoping that neighbors like Vietnam will be establishing their own Carnivorous Plants Community also. And we can support world community of Carnivorous Plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
Nahh, it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to start a small CP Society, all you have to do is perhaps advertise something in a local paper, and find a reasonable place to meet, either at someone's house, or a public library, municipal building, college/university with a professor to assist with the details etc. Perhaps if you have some interesting plants one of the local newspapers/TV news channels could do a feature story on you and your collection to generate some interest in a CP Society in your home town in Viet Nam! Go for it! You're a smart guy, and not too young either! You might be surprised at what kind of turn-out you get! -- Rich
Actually, our community could be finish due to cooperation from many people, mainly private breeders and nurseries. However, we pushed it too hard, due to that we want something ‘new’ into our society. There should be one main person, and then the others will be following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
Like I said, if you're going to hold meetings in a college/university, it's a good idea to get one of their instructors (professors) involved, and to help with the bureaucracy and administration. - Rich
In our community, there is no University Professor get involved at all. Although, I am studying in PhD, the degree is not plant science yet. But I can adapt my knowledge to help our society though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnut View Post
Thanks khun Pop for sharing this information, I hope Thai hybrids will get it's deserved recognition since there are many interesting, beautiful and vigorous "Made in Thailand" neps...

I was thinking of putting a link to nepenthessiam forum regarding this topic but you beat me to it...
Hi Robert,
Many for your kind words, I am hoping similar situation as yours for our community. There are tons of breeders now in here, and new hybrids are sending continuously out from them. By this establishment, we can find the resolution to gain our credibility for hybrids breeding and establishment. Thanks again.
__________________
..............................
http://www.rayongnepenthes.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
L/L Nepenthes in southern Thailand NepNut Nepenthes From Other Countries 17 17th July 2009 12:11 PM
Carnivorous Plant in australia (Melbourne) edmund83 All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants 11 19th September 2008 12:03 PM
strath76: Growing Carnivorous Plant - Barry Rice David All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants 0 30th June 2008 05:08 PM


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site by David Tan, Founder and Administrator of petpitcher.com and forum.petpitcher.com